Wednesday, September 30, 2009

St Vincent

I promised Anneleise (a friend) I'd post a blog about St Vincent, but I would have anyway. Anneleise actually recommended her music to me, and because my iPod was running low on new songs, I thought, what the hey, I'll see what she has to offer. So I typed in 'St Vincent' and it came up with her most recent music vid, 'Actor out of work'.


I thought she was VERY weird, but I liked her take on the world and stuff. So I googled her latest album and listened to the songs. I personally LOVE her other songs, I think they're so different and kooky and the lyrics are remarkable. Here are my favourites of hers, 'The Bed', 'Laughing with a mouthful of blood', 'Marrow', 'Black Rainbow'. If you thought the music video was too weird, don't fret, I had to listen to her music before I really enjoyed her stuff.

Just a quick note, her real name is Anne Clark, she is from New York and composes and arranges all her songs on Garage Band (A free software that comes on every MAC computer)

and a shoutout to Raishelle, her distorted guitars in some of her songs (Marrow and The Strangers) I reckon you'd like.

Genre: Rock, Indie, Electronica, New Age
Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars







2 comments: